Definition – sus-tain-a-bil-i-ty (noun);
Forms of progress that meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of the future generations to meet their needs.
How does Decadent fit into the sustainability revolution?
- Strive to use only “Healthy Foods” : a food believed to be highly beneficial to health, especially a food grown organically and free of chemical additives.
- We make every effort to buy seasonal, local ingredients, whenever possible, to ensure better tasting food
- We use only non-hydrogenated and low cholesterol oils in all prepared foods.
- We use 100% biodegradable, compostable disposable ware on request.
- We use Kraft brown paper shopping bags which are 100% biodegradable and compostable
- We have a recycling program in which 90% of waste is diverted from landfills. The waste is broken down into 4 categories:
1. Organic food waste
2. Plastics, glass, paper cup, metal
- We only use Fair Trade Coffee beans
- We use suppliers who are also practicing good environmental initiatives
- As an ongoing effort our Office buys paper with 30% post consumer waste content and we shred and recycle/reuse paper products whenever possible.
- We provide paperless options for customers to place orders through our website and we reduce amount of paper used through e-billing systems.